Wednesday 7 January 2015

New Year State of Mind...



I'm sitting here in my final week of Christmas holidays at a coffee shop on Main Street, surrounded by beards, wondering why nobody is at work? Seriously. In one week's time, when I'm back at it, will these characters be in their usual neighbourhood haunt trying to decide between a Glazed doughnut and a Traditional French Cruller? Jealous.


It's a new year, and I've been thinking a lot about some resolutions for the next twelve months. There are a few which need little explanation. Read more (is a book a month unrealistic?), Cook more (I've definitely been getting lazy, and Donna Hay is going to help me with this), Paint more, and lastly, blog more.  I realized, I truly love doing all of these things, but what's absolutely pathetic is, you need to unplug my cable, and confiscate my iphone, in order for me to focus for any length of time on any of them.

Last night I did well. I cooked a cheese souffle, started a small painting of the Yorkshire Dales, and read my book for an hour before bed. As for blogging, here I am. I'm going to try keeping visuals to a minimum, in order to keep each post more manageable.

As I finish this post, I'm watching the pastry chef fill a fresh batch of Peanut Butter Glazed Doughnuts with jelly, and feel quite proud that there are no diet or fitness goals on my list. Swimming has become so ingrained in my weekly schedule that I no longer question it. It's like brushing my teeth. Yes, diet wise, I could probably cut back on some simple sugars, and empty carbohydrates, but what's the fun in that?

What are some of your goals for 2015?



No comments:

Post a Comment