Friday 25 July 2014

Reset.

Yesterday I needed a 'reset' day. I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. More accurately, I woke up on no side of the bed, as I was still tucked deep in the duvet when my eyes opened at 11:37am.

Seriously. Who does that? I'm not sixteen. I kept saying, "Oh well, I must have needed the sleep", but really? I felt angry at myself for sleeping in, and then quite mopey at the weather, as well as my lack of personal agenda. My lack of summer plans (read: failed attempt at heading across the pond) is REALLY weighing on my spirits.

I did what I always do when I'm feeling grouchy, and that's head for some exercise. Some people reach for ice cream (I just picked that up on the way home).  My swim was amazing. I killed it. As the weather wasn't great, it was an indoor workout, but it felt like a piece of cake, (lemon lime cheesecake to be specific) as I'd been used to swimming the last month outdoors at kits pool. To put this in perspective, Kits pool is 137.5m in length, where as the indoor pool at Hillcrest is 25m. Touching the wall after 25m feels like a breeze.




Ok- why did I mention cheesecake? Because I've been holding out on you. This is the most refreshing  cheesecake recipe EVER. Perfect for summer, and if I can make it, so can you.

It's not rocket science, in fact it's straight from the Philadelphia box.





Ingredients:

1-1/4 cups graham wafer crumbs
1/3 cup melted butter
3 pkg (250g each) Philadelphia Cream Cheese (softened)
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp zest and 2 Tbsp juice from one lemon
zest and juice from one lime
1 tsp vanilla
1 Tbsp flour
3 eggs
1/2 cup whipping cream
1 Tbsp icing sugar

Method:

1)Preheat oven to 350 F
2)Mix graham crumbs and butter; press onto bottom of parchment lined 9-inch springform pan
3)Beat cream cheese, and granulated sugar in a large bowl with mixer until blended (we were at the ranch and didn't have a mixer...still worked fine)
4)Add lemon zest and juice, lime zest and juice, and vanilla; mix well
5)Blend in flour. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating on low speed after each just until blended.
6)Pour over crust. Bake 35-40 mins or until centre is almost set.
7)Run a knife around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim. Refrigerate cheesecake for 4 hours
8)Beat cream in small bowl with mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form, gradually adding icing sugar. 
9)Spread over cake and enjoy!

*I have since made the cake for Katie's Wedding shower. A great success. This one's a keeper!

No comments:

Post a Comment