Thursday 12 December 2013

Oh Christmas Tree...

Wow, has December ever been a bad month for blogging! Rest assured, in a week's time, I'm on holiday and will have no excuses (other than Christmas shopping, which I have yet to start). Are you that surprised?

This week I had sixty-five Art 8 paintings to mark, so what did I do instead? I started to decorate my new apartment for the holidays. Obviously.

Most of my decorations this year are extremely basic, and nothing I am that proud of. My bank account wouldn't allow new festive purchases, and I already had decorating anxiety over the fact that my place isn't quite set up as I would like it (and won't be for some time). As a result of it not being set up, I couldn't have a tree as I realized, with the rest of the furniture arriving part way through December, I wouldn't know where to put it.

Why am I bothering to tell you all of this?  Well, apart from the usual decorations, I tried a little something new. I loved putting it together, and had a goofy grin on my face the entire time.


What's amazing is that I saw something similar on instagram, and already had all of the photos developed as I had used them in my final show at Goldsmiths last year. I was wondering what to do with them (and actually have a more permanent idea for after the holidays), but this meant I could enjoy them now. And what better way to pay tribute to my year? I think this might become an annual  Christmas project.

No comments:

Post a Comment