Monday 18 March 2013

Brixton Night Out.

I find it funny that last week I was visiting Brixton Village for the first time (see post) and on Friday, I found myself there once again. This time it wasn't for lunch...



..and was a completely different experience.

The covered 'Brixton Village' is open until 11:30pm, and all of the restaurants are spilling out into the market space. On Saturday night there was a gallery opening, and DJ playing along one of the 'avenues'.

My Partners in Crime.
As we mingled outside the gallery (later you'll see why this particular show caught my eye), we were told to eat at (and then physically dragged to) one of the village's Mexican restaurants. While I remain sceptical on London's ability to do Mexican (this was more like Tex-Mex/SoCal street food), the 'Burrito' I had definitely hit the spot.


Off we went to EL PANZON....



Poor photo, but this little series had us giggling. I know. Grow up.
While the food was good, though not entirely authentic, the MARGARITAS were AWESOME!


H's flowers were our 'secret weapon' of choice. Although they were abandoned (in water of course) in the last pub we were in, we enjoyed them while they lasted.



The DJ that really got the party going.
 I think he had us sold when he played THIS.







Can you see why I was attracted to the Art? The young artist's name was Lucie Conoley. Click her name to check out more of her work. It goes without saying that I loved her work. 

'K' even bought a print....and if I had any money, I would have also.

Having lived in Brixton herself, this is the print that 'K' bought:



We left Brixton Village and headed to The Prince (where we left the thirsty flowers in a beer glass), before joining K's sister at Hootananny. A Reggae Club/Concert Venue. 

Sometimes the unexpected evenings are the best, don't you think?









No comments:

Post a Comment