Thursday 15 November 2012

Su Blackwell.



A few weeks ago, I stumbled upon a small gallery on the Kings Road containing the works of Su Blackwell. I was familiar with her work as I'd recently done a book project with my gr. 7s, and had seen her imagery when I was researching works to show my classes.

As you will see, Su primarily works with paper. She cuts and sculpts images out of old books and displays them behind glass, in wooden boxes. Her pieces are extremely detailed and fragile. She has recently published a book of Fairy Tales, using her own paper sculptures to illustrate each story.

I had the pleasure of flipping through the book. It is absolutely magical, and would make a fantastic Christmas gift for a little one.

image from Su Blackwell's official blog.

Here are some of the images from her gallery. If you are in London, the gallery shares a space within the Anthropologie store on the Kings Road.






Incredible Right?

Definitely check out her portfolio on her website as it will blow your mind.
Click here to see more of her work.

No comments:

Post a Comment