Tuesday 27 November 2012

Delicious Lemon Cookies.

image.
I found this yummy cookie recipe on Pinterest  (here), and as I absolutely LOVE anything lemon, I had to give it a try. They were delicious. Especially tasty with a cup of Earl Grey tea while watching 'The Holiday'.
No, they don't fall under the new "I can't do any physical activity diet", but hey, I was feeling sorry for myself.


Ingredients:
½ cups butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
½ teaspoons vanilla extract
1 whole egg
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice**
¼ teaspoons salt
¼ teaspoons baking powder
⅛ teaspoons baking soda
1-½ cup all-purpose flour
½ cups powdered sugar

** I didn't find 1 tbsp enough lemon, so I put a lot more (like 2-3 tbsp)

Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease baking sheets with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.

2) In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. 

3) Whip in vanilla, egg, lemon zest, and juice. Scrape sides and mix again. 

4) Stir in all dry ingredients slowly until just combined, excluding the powdered sugar. Scrape sides of bowl and mix again briefly. 


 5) Pour powdered sugar onto a large plate. Roll a heaping teaspoon of dough into a ball and roll in powdered sugar. Place on baking sheet and repeat with remaining dough.





6) Bake for 9-11 minutes or until bottoms begin to barely brown and cookies look matte {not melty or shiny}. Remove from oven and cool cookies about 3 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.







After tea, cookies, and my wonderful romantic comedy, it was off to bed, hoping to dream about a handsome man visiting me in a country cottage* 

*although, secretly not, as I'm suppose to create a piece of work for Tuesday's Art Therapy class based on a dream, and having to incorporate a half naked Jude Law into my image might be difficult to explain. Always thinking ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment