Wednesday 11 July 2012

Summer Salad.

I'm not going to lie, ninety percent of the recipes I pin, are less than healthy to say the least! Yes, there are the odd Quinoa finds, and a few smoothie potions, but with my admitted sweet tooth, the majority combine more than one ghastly indulgence with others, creating the absolutely unthinkable, rich delicious concoction.

I did however recently stumble upon this little gem courtesy of REAL SIMPLE. And While it consists of Bocconcini, and fresh peaches, and is lacking true veggies, at least it's not another chocolate chip cookie recipe. I've made this a couple of times, during this latest warm spell. It is scrumptious and refreshing on a warm summer evening.

I created a vinaigrette instead of sticking to the basic olive oil drizzle (although both would work just fine, depending on what you are feeling like). I added a little seasoning salt, and sugar, along with white vinegar, and black pepper, to the olive oil, just to add a little 'zing'. That dressing is a quick and easy one I learned from Nicola's mom (thanks Judy!), although she still won't divulge her famous ginger snap recipe...I'm not bitter, really.

Let me know what you think.



Ingredients

  • 3 ripe peaches (you can peel if it suits your fancy)
  • 1C fresh basil leaves torn into pieces
  • Fresh Mozzarella cut into 1 inch chunks

  • The Vinaigrette I used: Olive Oil, White Vinegar, Seasoning Salt, Sugar, Salt and Pepper to taste 

Directions: Cut the peaches into wedges, and then the wedges in half again. Add the torn basil leaves, and Mozza. Drizzle with dressing. Serve Cold

Thanks to Real Simple!

No comments:

Post a Comment