Wednesday 1 January 2014

Goodbye 2013!

Happy New Year!



I'd have to say, I couldn't be more stoked for 2014! I'm feeling settled in my new apartment, and the holidays have been wonderfully social. Perhaps I shouldn't admit this, but I've been out and about most evenings, and have had more catch-ups with friends (near and far) than I can count.
It's been truly awesome. I laugh at how much happier I am, surrounded by friends and family!

We had a wonderful Christmas at Mom and Dad's. Santa spoiled me rotten (I think he was excited about my new place!), and the best part is, I still have two weeks holiday ahead of me. While I'm hoping to get up to the ranch at some point, for the mean time, I'm enjoying the luxury of having time off in the city.

Yesterday my best friend K and I had a lovely (slightly boozy) lunch at Cardero's and a great catch-up. I love Cardero's as it's always so cozy, and you simply can't beat the location. Nestled in Coal Harbour, sea planes landing outside the window, and a view of the North Shore (not quite snow-capped) Mountains.

It certainly felt like high school. I was brimming with holiday stories, and giddy to get the advice of my best friend.

She didn't disappoint.



After our meal, we headed out to play with K's new lens. It's fantastic isn't it? Most of the photos were taken with her camera. Very cool.









If you look at the next pic, you might see that Santa brought me something I've had my eye on for a few years now (see this post)!
A large portion of the family Christmas tree came from Walrus this year. If you haven't been there yet, you'll have to head to Cambie and check it out. It never disappoints! 



 As excited as I am about the New Year, 2013 will have a special place in my heart. It's fun to reflect on all of the adventures and accomplishments it entailed, and I'm even more grateful to have the blog as a walk down memory lane. 

Moving forward, I thought a little about some resolutions for the New Year and will hopefully post about them in the next couple of days. While some think New Year's resolutions are silly, I'm a firm believer in writing down your goals. Who cares when that happens as long as you take time to do it.

Wishing you all the best in 2014!


No comments:

Post a Comment