Monday 7 October 2013

My Best Friend's Wedding.



Well, that title was easy.

If you've been following along with the blog (despite my inconsistency), you'll remember that my best friend Kristin recently got married in Sonoma California (Gundlach Bundschu Winery). Due to the hectic chaos that is the September 'start up' for teachers, it was a wonderful weekend break from the routine, but more importantly an opportunity to share and witness one of Kristin's biggest milestones to date.


The weekend was absolutely perfect, despite an unheard of rainstorm on the wedding day. Kristin and Laurent originally planned to have the reception overlooking the vineyard, but eventually had to make the call to adopt plan B when we just couldn't shake the threatening forecast. They moved the reception into the vineyard's barn, and it couldn't have been more picturesque. The Barn opened up over the vineyard as the sun was setting. Gorgeous.

Below are some images of the day unfolding. I was able to take some pictures in the early hours, but as soon as the wedding starts it was up to my dad to take over. I think he did a pretty great job. I'd like to think the harvest moon had something to do with that.


























The Groom and his Mom.


And as Kristin said, this next little series is a dead giveaway as to who's dad was taking the photos! 




I like the picture below as this was just as Kristin started to walk down the aisle.


Get ready, here comes the beautiful bride...



I'm quite certain, at this point dad probably didn't want to disrupt the ceremony.

Fast forward to the cocktail hour in (and outside) the bungalow.










After cocktails (and while newlyweds were taking photos), we headed down to the barn.











I know this last one isn't great, but I just love the way he's looking at her.


As Kristin and Laurent just got home from their Honeymoon, we haven't had time to rehash the events of that weekend, but I can't wait. I'm sure they're eager to hear how much we all enjoyed ourselves, as I can only imagine what a blur the entire day must have been for them. Kristin worked tirelessly on all of the details, and I'm sure you all would agree, her efforts certainly paid off.

Congratulations once again, Mr. & Mrs. May!

2 comments:

  1. Everything was gorgeous!!!! Love it, makes me even more sad I couldn't be there!! Nice work Peter on those photos of his favourite bridesmaid ;) you looked beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You girls looked amazing! I'm in love with that sweet flower display... Looks like a fun wedding!

    ReplyDelete