Friday 2 August 2013

Chicken Fajita Seasoning.


As most of you know, it has been a very hot summer in London this year. Thank god for this, as we put up with one of the longest winters known to mankind. When the heat hit, we were ready (our wardrobes certainly weren't but our bodies were).

Why am I telling you this? Well, in the summer I tend to crave a few things. Fruit, Salads (and fruit salads), sushi, and any mexican dish you can name. Last night on my way home from a day of research, stopped at Waitrose to pick up some groceries for fajitas. Usually, I'm lazy and grab a packet of fajita seasoning, but they were all out. Surely I can make this, I thought...

So what I'm about to share with you is definitely not ground breaking, but you will certainly feel silly if you've been buying those same packets all these years.

Here it is, quick and easy, fajita seasoning (and yes, once you put these items together, you can just throw it into any recipe calling for fajita seasoning as per the instructions. With my fajita dinner, I added 1/4 Cup water to the pan to create a bit of a sauce.

1 tbsp cornstarch (I used flower as we were out of cornstarch...it worked fine)

2 tsp chilli powder

1 tsp salt (you could use a little less)

1 tsp paprika

1 tsp sugar

3/4 tsp crushed chicken bouillon cube (I didn't have this, so left it out)

1/2 tsp onion powder (I also didn't have so eliminated)

1/4 tsp garlic powder (I just added fresh garlic to the pan)

1/4 tsp cayenne pepper

1/4 tsp cumin 


VOILA! 
(not rocket science, I know)

Wish me luck as the girl who prefers bed and breakfasts is off camping in Wales for the weekend. 

Don't laugh.

...all because when I tried to say I didn't have camping equipment in London, I was told to 'live a little'. 

And that is all it takes.



No comments:

Post a Comment