Monday 13 May 2013

The Other Place....Cambridge

I'm fully aware that this is how students from Cambridge refer to Oxford University, but I do have a slight allegiance to the latter.



This being said, I loved Cambridge. It was tranquil and beautiful. We only spent an afternoon there, but we arrived on a beautiful day, the sun was shining and the daffodils were blooming. It felt very peaceful. I would love to spend a weekend there getting to know it better.

We parked the car in the centre of town and headed to Jamie's Italian for lunch. DELICIOUS!



After lunch we took our time strolling through the University (below: a braille model of the city)





Note: absolutely zero nails were harmed in the making of this wooden footbridge...












How was your weekend? I introduced a friend from school to my neighbourhood (by that I mean the pubs in my neighbourhood) on Friday night, had a great 'walk-run' on Saturday, and then a fun catch up and pizza with 'M' at Franco Manca. I spent yesterday on a blanket in the common (until it clouded over...and then rained) and then had a great 'business meeting' (pub lunch) with the girls.

This week, I'm looking forward to working on my latest art project, and cracking into a new book.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day yesterday. I miss my mom, but am so grateful I got to have such a wonderful holiday with her.






No comments:

Post a Comment