Wednesday 1 August 2012

Kiwi Mango Quinoa Salad.


The boys came over for dinner tonight (the picture is dated- but I was hard pressed to find one of the three of us that was half decent), and we all sat glued in front of the T.V. watching the Olympics. What was on the menu? We had to make it simple so that we could get through all four hours of pre-recorded events (can you tell we're a sporting family?), so chicken kabobs on the BBQ and my favourite Quinoa recipe it was.

This is not my creation so I can't take credit, but each and every time I make it, I have people begging me for the recipe.  You know it's good when my brothers (who rarely step into the kitchen), asked me how to make it. You can find the original HERE. As she says in the recipe, the chopping is the hardest part, but that's really all there is to it. In my opinion, it's her delicious Ginger Lime dressing that completes this salad.

It doesn't take long, and if you're not already converted to Quinoa, this will certainly do it.  I hope you enjoy it, and get as much mileage out of it as I did (and hey, it's Quinoa, so you can definitely brag about what you made for dinner at the water cooler tomorrow!)






Our Chicken Kabobs sunning themselves on the bbq.



...and fresh local berries for dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment